Working To Help You Recover From Motorcycle Injuries
Many motorcyclists are passionate about their bikes. The roads of North Carolina offer the perfect setting for serious motorcycle riders and weekenders alike. However, despite the surroundings, North Carolina roads are a dangerous place for bikers. Hundreds are killed and injured every year on the Tar Heel State’s highways and motorcyclists account for a disproportionate number of deaths in motor vehicle accidents.
Farris & Thomas Law is a personal injury law firm based in Wilson, North Carolina. We represent riders who have been injured in accidents and need reimbursement for medical expenses and other costs. If you’ve been injured in an accident, speak with one of our lawyers today.
What Are The Laws Involving Motorcycles In North Carolina?
Deadly crashes involving motorcycles are far too common. North Carolina has several laws surrounding the use of motorcycles. It is important to follow all local laws. Someone in an accident who did not follow all required safety precautions may not recover any damages. Safety precautions include:
- Wearing a safety helmet — All riders are required by North Carolina law to have a safety helmet that complies with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 218. These helmets have a thick liner and note on the manufacturer’s label that they are compliant with federal safety standards.
- Adequate motorcycle training — The North Carolina community college system offers safety courses on motorcycle riding. All motorcycle riders must have a valid motorcycle license issued by the state.
- Wearing proper riding gear — Long pants, long sleeves, large boots and eye protection all reduce the chance of injury if a rider is involved in an accident.
What Types Of Motorcycle Injuries Are Eligible For Compensation?
Any type of injury purely the fault of another party is eligible for compensation in the form of damages. This is especially important for those involved in a motorcycle accident. The exposure of a rider and the possibility of being thrown from the bike greatly increase the injury rate among riders. It is common to see:
- Broken bones, such as leg fractures and pelvic injuries
- Arm injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Severe burns and scrapes as a result of road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries, ranging from concussions to permanent brain damage
Most injuries from riding are severe enough to require long-term medical care and periods of missed work. It is important to have an injury lawyer who can get the best settlement or damage amount possible so that you are properly compensated for your injuries. Speak with an attorney from Farris & Thomas Law to learn more about your legal options.
Contact Us For More Information About Financial Recovery After A Motorcycle Accident
If you have been hurt, you should know your legal rights and possible options for recovery. This is especially true for motorcycle accidents, which often involve long-term rehabilitation costs. Farris & Thomas Law provides legal services to accident victims. We are experienced at getting the settlement our clients need. Contact us at 252-787-4463 or online to schedule an appointment.
Se habla español.