Car Accidents Can Have Long-Term Effects
Car accidents injure or kill thousands of people every year on North Carolina roads. An impact from a car typically results in serious injuries. Despite the safety features required in every vehicle, people who are involved in collisions often experience long-term head, back and neck injuries that require serious rehabilitation and often have permanent effects. Some drivers pay a price with their lives.
Farris & Thomas Law is an accident law firm based in Wilson, North Carolina, that provides legal assistance to those who have been hurt in a car collision. Our attorneys answer all of your questions and help you understand the legal process. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash of any type, speak with one of our attorneys today.
Helping clients who have been injured in any kind of car accident
Collisions of any kind can be damaging and result in serious injuries. Many people who have been in an auto accident as a driver or a passenger might have a legitimate claim for damages without even realizing it. Common sources of accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Simple driver error, including speeding
- Poorly maintained roads
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Drunk or intoxicated driving
- Overloaded trucks or commercial vehicles
If you have been in an accident of any kind, speak with one of our attorneys about how to proceed with a personal injury claim.
An injury from an accident often needs long-term medical care
The stress and trauma of being involved in even a minor car wreck can be difficult to overcome. However, the physical injuries that often result from accidents can have much more severe and long-term effects. We often see clients who have suffered:
- Head injuries, including concussions
- Damage to the spinal column and vertebrae
- Back injuries
- Sprains, cuts and burns
- Damage from a deployed air bag
Many such injuries have long-term or permanent effects that need significant medical care. Back injuries and damage to the spine often require lengthy rehabilitation. Even fatal car accidents involve significant medical, funeral and other costs.
Experienced accident attorneys protect you from shady insurance tactics
Insurance companies try many different tactics to keep people involved in personal injury cases from receiving the largest payout they are entitled to. Some include:
- A lump-sum payment — Many companies know that an immediate cash payment is too tempting for many victims to turn down. However, this can prevent someone from later collecting an even larger amount that he or she might be entitled to receive.
- A simultaneous settlement — It is common for insurers to try to settle both an auto accident and a medical claim simultaneously. Many people accept these offers without considering long-term medical care and rehabilitation costs not included.
- Contacting a victim to discuss the accident — Opposing insurance companies sometimes try to speak to a victim without that person’s lawyer present. This is done in the hope that a victim may make an admission that damages their case.
Do not fall victim to an insurance company’s tricks. If you are involved in an accident, always consult with an attorney before you speak with the responsible party’s representative.
Contact us if you have been involved in a car crash
Farris & Thomas Law focuses on personal injuries in North Carolina. Our lawyers represent people who have been hurt on the road and require the most compensation for which they are eligible. Those with chronic injuries need funds for long-term medical care. Contact us at 252-360-1379 or online to schedule an appointment at our office in downtown Wilson.
Se habla español.